On June 23, Dak Lak Provincial Police initiated a case of “terrorism against the people’s government; concealing criminals; failing to report criminals; and organizing and brokering for others to illegally exit, enter or stay in Vietnam.”
The subjects were arrested.
Regarding the attack in Dak Lak, Lieutenant General To An Xo, Spokesperson of the Ministry of Public Security, said that on June 23, 2023, the Dak Lak Provincial Police Department's Investigation Security Agency issued Decision No. 05/QD-ANDT to prosecute the case of "terrorism against the people's government; concealing criminals; failing to report criminals and organizing and brokering for others to illegally exit, enter or stay in Vietnam".
At the same time, the Dak Lak Provincial Police Department's Investigation Security Agency issued decisions to prosecute and issue temporary detention orders for: 75 defendants for the crime of "Terrorism against the people's government" (according to Article 113 of the 2015 Penal Code); prosecuted 7 defendants for the crime of "failure to report a crime" (Article 390 of the 2015 Penal Code); one defendant for the crime of concealing a crime (Article 389 of the 2015 Penal Code); one defendant for the crime of "Organizing or brokering for others to illegally exit, enter or stay in Vietnam" (Article 348 of the 2015 Penal Code).
The above decisions to prosecute the accused and the Order to temporarily detain the accused have been approved by the People's Procuracy at the same level.
Also according to the Spokesperson of the Ministry of Public Security, to date, the authorities have seized 23 guns of various types (military guns, air guns, homemade guns); two grenades, 1,199 bullets of various types, 15 detonators, 1.2 kg of explosives, a silencer, two scopes, a set of practice mine models, 30 knives, 10 FULRO flags and many means and equipment used to commit the crime.
Regarding the current situation in Dak Lak, Lieutenant General To An Xo said that with the very quick and effective measures of the police force, the active support and assistance of the people, especially in mobilizing people to surrender and participating in the capture of the subjects, after only two days of the incident, the situation in the area was stabilized, and so far, most of the participants have been arrested and weapons, explosives, and support tools have been seized.
Under the strong direction of the Government and the participation of Party committees and authorities of the Central Highlands provinces, all aspects of life of organizations and individuals in the Central Highlands provinces in general and Dak Lak province in particular have taken place normally, the situation is stable, security and order are ensured.
The Ministry of Public Security assessed that this was a terrorist attack against the people's government with extremely serious consequences. The acts of the subjects were very barbaric and inhumane, demonstrating their determination to carry out the crime to the end. The police force has documents and evidence proving that the case was also supported and directed by a number of organizations and individuals abroad, even sending subjects from abroad to illegally enter Vietnam to stage and direct terrorist attacks.
The authorities are continuing to investigate and clarify the case to strictly handle it in accordance with Vietnamese law. We hope that countries and international friends will actively coordinate, support and cooperate closely with Vietnam in investigating and handling the case in particular, and in the fight against terrorism in general.
According to VNA