In a recent interview, former US President Donald Trump said he is considering choosing famous talk show host Tucker Carlson as his vice presidential candidate in the 2024 race.
“I like Mr. Tucker very much, I think I would consider it… because he has great judgment,” former President Trump said on the Clay Travis and Buck Sexton show that aired on November 8 when asked if he would consider asking Mr. Carlson to run with him.
The interview video was later removed from social media platform YouTube but remains available on the show's main website.
Mr Trump currently leads the Republican presidential field in primary polls, but has not participated in any party debates. The former US vice president and his running mate in the previous two elections, Mike Pence, dropped out of his 2024 bid earlier this year.
"It could happen. I like some of them," Mr. Trump replied when asked if he would consider some of the candidates on the debate stage as running mates.
During the first Republican primary debate, former President Trump sat down for an interview with host Carlson instead of attending the event.
In April, Fox News announced in a brief statement that Tucker Carlson had ended his partnership with the network without giving a reason. This was a surprising event in the political media world in the US.
As the leading candidate of the Republican Party, Mr. Trump is also facing a series of legal troubles. Most recently, on November 6, the former President appeared in court in Manhattan (New York City) to testify in a civil lawsuit related to the accusation that he and his children committed real estate fraud at the Trump Organization.
According to Tin Tuc newspaper